COLLECTION OF HOUSEHOLD GARBAGE & RECYCLABLES
Please be advised that effective June 1st there will be a change of garbage contractors from Bestway Disposal to Beichner Waste Services, Inc. With the change in contractors brings with it some minor changes in how residential household garbage and recyclables will be collected. The changes noted below, will save significant taxpayer dollars while still providing this much desired service.
Beichner Waste Services, Inc. will be picking-up household garbage 2 days each week instead, beginning at 5:00 AM the week of June 4th. It is suggested that residents place their household garbage and recyclables out for collection the evening before your scheduled pick-up.
Tuesday morning pick-ups will be north of the Railroad tracks from the Lakewood/Town of Ellicott line west through Sunset Ave.
Wednesday morning pick-ups will be Park Lane and continue west to the Village line & everything south of the Railroad tracks.
There will no longer be single stream recycling. Recyclables will be picked-up as follows:
- Paper & Cardboard will be the 1st Tuesday/Wednesday of each month. Plastics will be the 2nd Tuesday/Wednesday of each month.
- Glass will be the 3 rd Tuesday/Wednesday of each month.
- Metal will be the 4th Tuesday/Wednesday of each month.
Please refer to the recycling calendar.
Keep in mind there is a limit of 6 bags only
- Cardboard – All cardboard must be flattened
- Clean cardboard (shoe boxes; cereal boxes)
- Office Paper (white and colored)
- Magazines and Newspapers
- Junk Mail
- Envelopes (manila and regular)
- File Folders
- Computer Paper
- Post IT Notes
- Card Stock Paper
- Aluminum Cans
- Tin Cans
- Glass Bottles and Jars
- Plastic Bottles #1 – #7
- Food Waste
- Plastic Bags
- Printer Cartridges (Toner or Inkjet)
- Cell Phones
- Computers or other electronics
Questions concerning the collection/disposal of household garbage and recyclables may be directed to the Village Clerk’s Office by calling 763-8557.