COLLECTION OF HOUSEHOLD GARBAGE & RECYCLABLES
Some minor changes in how residential household garbage and recyclables are collected have been made. Beginning November 2020 glass is no longer considered a recyclable item, glass is now to be placed in with your regular household garbage. Paper & Cardboard will now be picked up 2 times a month. Please take note of the changes below.
Beichner Waste Services, Inc. picks household garbage 2 days each week beginning at 5:00 AM on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. It is suggested that residents place their household garbage and recyclables out for collection the evening before your scheduled pick-up.
Tuesday morning pick-ups are made north of the railroad tracks from the Lakewood/Town of Ellicott line west through Sunset Ave.
Wednesday morning pick-ups are made from Park Lane and continue west to the Village line including everything south of the railroad tracks.
Recyclables are picked-up as follows:
- Paper & Cardboard: the 1st Tuesday/Wednesday of each month.
- Plastics: the 2nd Tuesday/Wednesday of each month.
- Paper & Cardboard: the 3rd Tuesday/Wednesday of each month.
- Metal: the 4th Tuesday/Wednesday of each month.
Please refer to our recycling calendar below or obtain a hard copy available in village clerk’s office
Keep in mind there is a limit of 6 bags only
- Cardboard – All cardboard must be flattened
- Clean cardboard (shoe boxes; cereal boxes)
- Office Paper (white and colored)
- Magazines and Newspapers
- Junk Mail
- Envelopes (manila and regular)
- File Folders
- Computer Paper
- Post IT Notes
- Card Stock Paper
- Aluminum Cans
- Tin Cans
- Plastic Bottles #1 – #7
- Food Waste
- Plastic Bags
- Printer Cartridges (Toner or Inkjet)
- Cell Phones
- Computers or other electronics
Questions concerning the collection/disposal of household garbage and recyclables may be directed to the Village Clerk’s Office by calling 716 763-8557.