COLLECTION OF HOUSEHOLD GARBAGE & RECYCLABLES
On June 1st, 2018 the Village of Lakewood entered a new 3 year contract with Beichner Waste Services, Inc. to perform our community’s regular garbage & recycling collection service. Some minor changes in how residential household garbage and recyclables are collected were made. The changes noted below, save significant taxpayer dollars while still providing this much desired service.
Beichner Waste Services, Inc. is picking-up household garbage 2 days each week beginning at 5:00 AM on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. It is suggested that residents place their household garbage and recyclables out for collection the evening before your scheduled pick-up.
Tuesday morning pick-ups are made north of the railroad tracks from the Lakewood/Town of Ellicott line west through Sunset Ave.
Wednesday morning pick-ups are made from Park Lane and continue west to the Village line including everything south of the railroad tracks.
Recyclables are picked-up as follows:
- Paper & Cardboard: the 1st Tuesday/Wednesday of each month.
- Plastics: the 2nd Tuesday/Wednesday of each month.
- Glass: the 3rd Tuesday/Wednesday of each month.
- Metal: the 4th Tuesday/Wednesday of each month.
Please refer to our recycling calendar below or obtain a hard copy available in village clerk’s office
Keep in mind there is a limit of 6 bags only
- Cardboard – All cardboard must be flattened
- Clean cardboard (shoe boxes; cereal boxes)
- Office Paper (white and colored)
- Magazines and Newspapers
- Junk Mail
- Envelopes (manila and regular)
- File Folders
- Computer Paper
- Post IT Notes
- Card Stock Paper
- Aluminum Cans
- Tin Cans
- Glass Bottles and Jars
- Plastic Bottles #1 – #7
- Food Waste
- Plastic Bags
- Printer Cartridges (Toner or Inkjet)
- Cell Phones
- Computers or other electronics
Questions concerning the collection/disposal of household garbage and recyclables may be directed to the Village Clerk’s Office by calling 716 763-8557.