The Village of Lakewood Comprehensive Plan draft is available for public view, at the Village Hall and the Lakewood Memorial Library.
The Comprehensive Plan plays many roles in the community. Its purpose is to:
- Document local characteristics and trends regarding resident population composition, land use, the natural environment, economic development and service provision;
- Provide a benchmark for evaluating the compatibility of individual development proposals with the long range development objectives of the community;
- Reveal future service needs and explore the potential for regional cooperation, including land acquisition and public improvements;
- Serve as a comprehensive source of current information that can be used by the Village as well as its philanthropic, social and fraternal organizations in their efforts to secure grant funding and in marketing the area to potential developers;
- Provide leverage for obtaining State and Federal funding;
- Promote open space conservation designed to preserve the heritage of the community and enhance the overall quality of life;
- Identify projects and programs to revitalize the community’s economy and attract investors; and
- Lay the foundation for future cooperative efforts between the Village of Lakewood, Town of Busti and all Chautauqua Lake communities.