The Village of Lakewood’s Attorney provides legal counsel the Village Board, Village Staff, and Committees as required unless otherwise contracted. The Village Attorney attends all regular Board meetings as well as work sessions and Committee meetings when requested. The Village Attorney is appointed by the Mayor and approved by the Board of Trustees.
- Prepare and/or review ordinances, deeds,easements and contracts.
- Defend and bring actions in which the Village is a party.
- Compose legislation as needed by the Village.
- Review Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests.
- Supervise the services of outside legal counsel, as necessary.
The Village of Lakewood Attorney is John I. LaMancuso.
John I. LaMancuso
Lewis & Lewis, P.C.
413 North Main Street
Jamestown, New York 14701
P: 716-664-7354 F: 716-664-7356