Chautauqua County offers a multitude of year round sports and outdoors events. The Village of Lakewood is a short drive to some of the state’s best golf courses, major league sports arenas, sailing/boating clubs, and ski resorts offer year round events.
- Chautauqua County Visitors Bureau – Local guide to all things Chautauqua. Restaurants, hotels, sports events, festivals, etc. , the Bureau has information on all the happenings!
- Northwest Arena, Jamestown – In Jamestown, NY the Arena hosts ice skating, adult and youth hockey teams, comedy events, and even a Spring Grapes and Hops Festival.
- Buffalo Bisons – Buffalo’s Baseball Team
- Buffalo Bills – Buffalo’s Football Team
- Buffalo Sabres – Buffalo’s Hockey Team
- Southern Tier Xpress – Jamestown’s Hockey Team
- Peek’n Peak – Peek n‘ Peak Resort in Clymer, NY offers golf, ski and spa vacation packages. Destination wedding venues, honeymoon packages, massage therapy.
- Holiday Valley – Holiday Valley in Ellicottville, NY offers skiing, snowboarding, spa, golf, adventure park, zip lines and vacation packages.
- HoliMont Ski Area – HoliMont Ski Area in Ellicottville, NY is North America’s largest private ski area.
- Kissing Bridge – Kissing Bridge Ski Resort in Glenwood, NY.
Golf Courses/Country Clubs
- Chautauqua Golf Club – Located across from the Chautauqua Institution, the Chautauqua Golf Club was first founded in 1914. With 2 courses (Lake and Hill courses) to chose from golf has never been better!
- Sunset Valley Golf Course – The 9-hole Executive course located on Hunt Road in Lakewood.
- Moon Brook Country Club – 18 Hole Member’s only Country Club in Jamestown, NY
- Shorewood Country Club – Shorewood in Dunkirk, NY is one of Western New York’s oldest private golf clubs, and one of the only courses located on the shores of Lake Erie.
- Maplehurst Country Club – Public 18-hole scenic golf course in Lakewood, NY.
- Bemus Point Golf Club – In Bemus Point, NY – Open to the public.
- Timber Creek Golf Course – Timber Creek Golf Course is a scenic, 9 hole, par 36/37 course located in Ashville, NY.
- South Hills Country Club – Public 18-hole golf course in Jamestown, NY
- Breezewood Golf Links – Nestled in the heart of Chautauqua County, Breezewood features a Par 71, 18 hole course is just a short drive from Route 62, Route 394, I-90 and I-86.
- Willow Run Golf Course – Willow Run Golf Course is a beautifully designed executive course that winds through a wooded area, creeks, ponds, and a marsh. Open to the public.
- Chautauqua Point Golf Course – Our 9-hole “Chautauqua Point” course at the Chautauqua Point Golf Club facility in Dewittville, New York features 2,600 yards of golf from the longest tees for a par of 35 . The Chautauqua Point golf course opened in 1900.
- Blueberry Hill Golf Club – In Russell, PA the Blueberry Hill Golf Club is just short drive from Lakewood, NY. Open to the public.
- Pinehurst Golf Club – Located in Westfield, NY and open to the public.
- Sugar Hill Golf Course – Located in Westfield, NY and open to the public.
- Lakeside Golf Course – Located on Route 5, at the NY/PA State line, Lakeside Golf Course offers a fun and challenging round of play for golfers of all abilities, from novice to expert.
- Peek’n Peak Golf – 18 holes of championship golf located in Clymer, NY at the Peek’n Peek Resort.
- Lawson Center on Chautauqua Lake – The Lawson Boating Heritage Center on Chautauqua Lake is an not-for-profit, organization whose passion is preserving, displaying, and presenting as much of Chautauqua boating history as possible: both its artifacts and it’s singular milieu. The center is located in Bemus Point, NY
- Chautauqua Lake Rowing Association – The Chautauqua Lake Rowing Association (CLRA) is committed to making the sport of rowing accessible to everyone for a lifetime. By revitalizing a long tradition of rowing on Chautauqua Lake, the CLRA offers unique opportunities for teamwork, fitness, and competition.
- Chautauqua Lake Community Sailing Foundation – The CLCSF mission is to provide coaching, training and instruction in fundamental sailing skills for youth, families and adults, including instruction on safe boating techniques, sportsmanship, boat maintenance, and water safety, to foster and facilitate recreational and competitive sailing by the general public on Chautauqua Lake, and to develop and encourage the appreciation of local boating history and respect for the natural beauty and ecological value of Chautauqua Lake in Chautauqua County, New York.
Chautauqua Lake Boat Tours
- Chautauqua Belle – Docked in Mayville, NY. The Belle is 1 of 5 operating steamboats left in North America. The Belle is one of the most photographed and well-known icons in Western New York. Her classic Steamboat lines, tall stacks and gingerbread lattice have been seen in photos all over the world.
- Equestrian Trails – A resource for information on local and regional riding venues.
- Double D.A.B Riding Stables – Located in Ripley, NY, the Double Dab Riding Stables offers many services including trail rides, a petting farm, pony rides, a picnic area, summer programs, and special programs for scouts and clubs.
- Gerry Rodeo – Started in 1945 the Gerry Rodeo is the longest running PRCA rodeo east of the Mississippi. Every August the Rodeo hosts over 200 professional riders to compete in the small town of Gerry – just east of Jamestown and only a 30 minute drive from Lakewood.